Tranquil Madness

It's like that man who sleeps under the Katipunan flyover;that dog sitting on the sidewalks of Mandaluyong; that woman who prayed while Titanic was sinking. It's love. It's life. The soul of that lady who observed while living her noisy world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bordering on Q.C., Philippines

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Their only words anyway este They're pala...

I have this habit of uttering out of the world words which translates to a more common and known noun, verb, adjective, or adverb in the dictionary. Sometimes, those words are completely wrong...este..often..most often...almost always..That's why I just write. I sound smarter when I write. duh.
Here are the list of words. Since I have not validated my words, maybe my imbentong vocabulary, grammar, and "nagfeefeeling witty" comments are correct naman.

ejaculate - i meant eject
it's not obligatory for you- you are not obliged. (is obligated a word in the dictionary?)..obligatory seems like a correct word.
I like your maong jeans ---DUH?! maong jeans?!!!
Why are you speeding so fast?! -- duh..driving so fast diba?
youre such a jest-- duh..jester. (jest came from the word zest that was on a million tarps back then..ze-ze-ze-zest!)
coming-going - i always get confused. plus the fact im greenminded.
de-growth -- meron bang ganyan?!this came from the words growth and decline. so pag nagincrease ang sales, you say "sales inclined" hehe
detonate - and this was the exact opposite of the word im thinking. up to this moment, im still thinking of the right word. see, im relying on stock knowledge (duh.) I told my friends "buti nga na-detonate nila yung bomb." they said "so may namatay? bakit buti nga?" ..i said "ay, ibig kong sabihin, di sumabog yung bomba"....and they said the correct word...i still don't remember..
what do you mean by "in any case"?
and the most famous and recent booboos...the story of by and by vs later.
"yeah he's mestizo. he's a spaniard eh." --okay. panahon ni magellan.
"so what are the plans of the isrealites now? -- fine. they plan to go to egypt.
" samarians or samaritans?" -- no comment.
"who is ruling mesopotamia now?" -- ah. iraq iha. iraq.


Just a thought. maybe we should change persian cats to iranian cats.



lyrics.com - this may be a longer list. sample muna..
i only learned this when i was working already...Sting's Message in a Bottle....And i did not even have a clue... At the end of each stanza when sting's voice becomes really really low, he'd sing, as i understood it then, "message in a pot of gold"and i always wondered where the bottle word would be inserted. So there. it was really "message in a bottle-llll" "lll" signified the extra syllable which i thought was "gold".
meron pa...i'd sing " you don't give me love..you give me pale shelter. you don't give me love. you give me calm down." ayos. no sense at all. but it sure sounds like the right lyrics. my officemate said it should be "cold hands". i believe her. she was real new wave baby anyway.

that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home